Wednesday 1 August 2012

Stockholm, Sweden

Monday July 30/12
I arrived in Stockholm around 6pm. It was easy to find my way to my new host, Alex's place because Christoffer went over it with me on maps before I left :)


Alex is originally from France. He is in Sweden for work. He works for the public transit system, ensuring the system is making a profit.


Alex took me for a walk around the city centre first thing after I settled at his place. I was shocked and amazed at the beauty of Stockholm.


This fountain represents a time of war between Sweden and Denmark. The man with the axe represents Sweden and he is slaying a dragon that is representing Denmark. They have similar symbols in Denmark with opposite things for representation.





We walked up to this tower platform that has a restaurant on it. This is the view of the city from above.










I was told that this sculpture fountain is suppose to represent 2 of Stockholm's rivers that join together.







Close to the fountain was some entertainment. African drumming and dancing - so good! Note the cute little boy on his tricycle.

After our short tour of some of the city we went out for dinner. We walked along the waterfront to help digest and then settled back at Alex's apartment. A great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment