Thursday 9 August 2012

To Bergen, Norway

Sunday Aug.5/12

Another 7 hour train ride from Oslo to Bergen.. Luckily this ride was very scenic and beautiful.

It goes through forests and alpine villages. At one point the train climbs 600 meters above sea level through tundra landscapes with high lakes and snow-capped mountains.

I contacted the Norwegians that I had met in Denmark beforehand and Sonja, one of the ladies, came and picked me up from the train station (6pm).
Sonja on the left, her sons at the far end of the table, then Ove and Thomas
She cooked a fabulous Norwegian supper called, KiØttkaker.
I enjoyed it with her 2 sons, Ove and Thomas (who I also had met in Denmark).

This is us having dessert actually,  waffles!




Sonja has a beautiful home in Sotra, an island just outside of Bergen.


This is the view in her backyard!


We spent the night just visiting and watching the Olympics - women's handball: Norway vs. Spain


1 comment: