Friday 10 August 2012

Bergen, Norway Day 3


Tuesday Aug. 7/12
Sonja drove  me into the city center later in the morning.


I navigated my way through the city center to the bottom of Mount Floyen (one of the 7 mountains surrounding Bergen).

Here there is a cable railway called the Floibanen Funicular.


The train takes 7 minutes to reach the top at 320 meters above sea level.




The views from above were pretty incredible.




There are many footpaths and hikes you can do at the top. I spent over an hour hiking around, checking out the views from all angles.




I decided to hike down instead of taking the train down. It was beautiful.











I met up with Anita at the central station because I was going to stay with her for my last night in Bergen. We drove back to Sonja's where I picked up my bag and said goodbye (always tough to do).
Tina, Me, Teo, Lasse

Anita and I then went to her daughter, Tina's place for dinner. Tina is the same age as me and she has the cutest little son, Teo. Anita's son, Lasse, also joined us.

Me and Anita










We had a wonderful dinner: salmon, potatoes, veggies and mushroom sauce.

With blueberry, strawberry, watermelon salad dessert.








Tina was very interested in my trip. She was able to give me some advice about places to go, particularly in Poland. I enjoyed her company very much :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi melissa,
    I just met you on the bus from abisko to kiruna.
    Have fun on your journey through Europe.
    I will check your blog to checkout things to do in the future ;)
    Remco

    ReplyDelete