Sunday 26 August 2012

Tromsø, Norway Day 4 & Last

Monday Aug.12 /12

Gottfried's boss (and owner of the ship) was back in town and woke us up around 930am. They sat in the office and did some paper work stuff while I also caught up on emails and what not.
I walked around the town a bit.. Tromsø is such a cute, small little community.

We had a 4 hour tour at 7pm. This tour was a group of 12 Brazilian reporters and journalists (mostly for cooking magazines etc.). They were doing a news film piece and taking many photos... so the boat had to look extra clean and sparkling.


The company who set up the tour, didn't tell the guests to bring their bathing suits though.. so it kind of defeated the purpose of the spa boat. I ended up lending my 2 bikini's out and Gottfried had some shorts that were previously donated (forgot) on the boat. The ladies just all took turns with my bathing suits.. some of them went in the hot tub with just their underwear.. Only a few of the jumped in the sea. But they all seemed to have fun.

Gottfried cooked up the cod we caught the night before and it was so freakin good. Then he made another little appetiser and fish soup for the main dish. Many photos taken, and the news reporter lady said that my bikini would be famous.

They all thought I was Norwegian and figured I had been working on the boat for a long time because "I knew my way around so well."
They were quite surprised when I told them I was from Canada and had only been on the boat for 3 days.

<-- this is the dinner table

We docked again at 11pm.

Another chef that works on the ship sometimes was waiting for us to return. We ended up having some beers and hanging out with him. They ended up jamming with their guitars.. played me all sorts of songs.
They were impressively good.

Tuesday Aug. 13/12

Up early. The skip was at the ship by 8am to take it for re-fueling. I made the guys coffee, showered and what not. By the time the ship was docked again.. it was time for me to catch my bus.  I said a sad goodbye to Gottfried and the crew. I will always remember my experience on the Vulkana. I had so much fun!

My bus was 4 hours to Narvik, Norway then another bus, 3 hours to Kiruna Sweden. Both went by pretty fast - as you can see, it was a scenic ride.

The host that I had lined up texted saying that he couldn't host me for my first night in Kiruna, so I ended up getting a hostel. No wifi. And the whole town was shut down by 7pm.
Pretty uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment