Wednesday 29 August 2012

Oulu, Finland

Saturday Aug. 18/12

I slept in and headed to the Rovaniemi train station around noon. 4 hour train to Oulu, Finland.

I arrived and walked to my host, Mikko's place. After I found my way, I just got settled and hung out on his beautiful deck facing the sea.

Mikko is an entrepreneur, currently setting up different football (soccer) teams and leagues in Finland. He works with many different people and countries around the world.


He me told some people were coming over for to have a grill dinner.

All of a sudden it was me and an entire football team, consisting of 13 guys.
(They are all in towels because Mikko has a sauna in his bathroom).

2 girls from Switzerland (also couch surfers) joined us as well.

We enjoyed the grill, which Mikko created from some flower pots he had on the deck.


After many beers and some food, we headed into the city. We stopped at 4 different bars. Having more drinks and more fun. It was a blast.










Needless to say, Sunday, Aug. 19/12, I slept in.

Eventually I got up and went with the Switzerland girls to the city centre for some food. After, I parted with the girls and just walked around the city, taking in some of the architecture and beauty.



The City Hall.



I then met Mikko at his office, where we had an intense foosball tournament.  There were 4 teams, 8 people. My team came in third. Mikko's team (playing in yellow shirts) won the tournament.
It was fun.




Mikko and I met up with a different couch surfer from Italy and the 3 of us went to a local, live, football (soccer) game. It was exciting, and the Oulu team won.

The girl from Italy and I went out for some pizza after and went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment