Friday 10 August 2012

Bergen, Norway Day 2

Monday Aug.6/12
After waking up and having breakfast, Sonja and I took a short drive to the bottom of Liatarnet.



When she first told me we were going to hike up Liatarnet, I kind of pictured just a path on a steep incline. Turned out to be some intense rock climbing - so much more fun!




Looking down from about halfway up.



At the top, 341 meters above sea level!





After our fabulous hike, we spent the afternoon just relaxing in the sun in Sonja's backyard.













We had plans to go out for supper with Thomas, his son and Anita (previously met in Denmark). We went to a small cafe in an old part of Sotra called Glesvaer.
Me, Richard, Thomas






Anita, Me, Thomas & Richard


We looked around the restaurant and Thomas told me about the history of area.




There was a large group inside, celebrating a birthday and they were eating a very traditional Norwegian dish, called raspeballer. It looked pretty good so I ordered it. It had sausage, ham, potatoes, something that tasted like squash, carrots.. it was very good and very filling!



We enjoyed our meal, had tea and coffee after.






We went back to Thomas's place after where he so kindly and generously helped me book my flights to my next destinations in Norway. Thomas travels a lot with his job and collects air miles. He had some that were going to expire at the end of August and he used them to book my flights. :) Thanks again Thomas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment