Saturday 4 August 2012

Oslo, Norway

Thursday Aug. 2 /12
A 7 hour uneventful train from Stockholm, Sweden to Oslo, Norway.
My new couch surfing host, Frank, picked me up from the train station. We met at the tiger statue.

Frank has a masters degree in human relations.




After getting somewhat settled in his place, we went out to city centre. Frank shared some Norwegian history with me and took me to see some sites.


The National Assembly
Det kongelige Slott














This is The Royal Palace -->  
It is under construction.
Frank told me that it was purposely built plain because Norway is a country of equality and the king didn't want to be portrayed as being above the people.





We went for dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. I had the tastiest spring rolls ever! With shrimp, pork and other goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment