Tuesday 28 August 2012

Rovaniemi, Finland


Thursday Aug. 16/12

Up very early. Niklas had breakfast for me at 630am. I caught my bus for 710am (another 4 hours).

I got off the bus in Pello Sweden and I walked across the border to Pello Finland. It was kind of funny to just walk across the border into a new country.

3 hours later I caught the next bus from Pello to Rovaniemi, Finland (this one just 1.5 hours).  My host, Sebastian was waiting for me at the bus station when I arrived.
Satu & Sebastian

We walked back to his apartment to drop my bag off, then we went out to the grocery store to buy food for supper. I met his girlfriend Satu. They are a very friendly couple. Sebastian is actually from Germany and Satu is from Finland.. they met in Hungary over 3 years ago now.

They cooked me supper then we walked across the bridge to the beach to enjoy the last hours of the beautiful sun.
We ate cloud berry ice cream and drank some beers.

Back at the apartment, they have a sauna in their bathroom (so cool)! Which I guess is very common here in Finland. They started it up and we just sat and enjoyed the heat and the sweat. In for a bit then we would cool off on their balcony and go back in, etc.. reminded me of Tromso but minus the sea. Still very relaxing and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment