Monday 30 July 2012

Malmö, Sweden

Saturday July 28/12
It was a 4 hour bus ride South to Malmo, Sweden, so I arrived around 3pm.

My new couch surfing host, Christoffer came to the central station to pick me up. He is originally from Malmo Sweden and works for Nintendo (so cool!).

He had 3 other surfers with him. 2 girls from Germany and a guy from France. All three of the were leaving later in the afternoon. We walked back to Chistoffer's place. A nice 3 bedroom apartment. I got settled and then we were off again. We drove the French guy to the highway where he was going to hitchhike his way to Stockholm and we dropped the girls off at the central station where they were going to meet up with some other travellers.

Christoffer and I met up with some of his friends and went to the laser dome. There was 9 of us total and we played 3 games of laser tag. It was sweaty good fun! Christoffer was the champ.. and I wasn' t very good but I didn't come in last.. I was like 19/23.
We all headed out for supper after. We went to a Mongolian buffet and it was awesome!! You fill up your plate with raw veggies and meat topped with noodles and sauces and then the chef cooks it all up right in front of you. It was delicious!

Unfortunately , I forgot my camera back at the apartment so I have no pictures :(

We left the restaurant around 11pm and Christoffer and I went back to his place because he was expecting 3 new couch surfers from France.  These 3 guys were cycling for 10 months pretty much across the world. They were super interesting to chat with and they gave me some advice about travelling Eastern Europe.

Sunday July 29/12
The French guys were off early in the morning. Christoffer and I had no real plans but set out into the city around 11am. He showed me around the central area of the city. It was very beautiful. Unfortunately it was very cloudy out..and threatening rain.


We picked up some groceries and back at the apartment, Christoffer made me an awesome spaghetti and meatballs meal. His friends came over and we watched Batman Begins.  Then headed to the theatre where we met up with more friends and we all went and saw the new Batman movie - The Dark Knight Rises. I will just say that it was awesome! :)
We went for supper at an ordinary restaurant and then just hung out at the apartment.

My trip to Malmo was great. I was sad we didn't have better weather but it was nice to get away from museums and just enjoyed doing regular things with cool interesting people.

Monday July 30/12
Still raining in Malmo. We watched another movie - Limitless..it was a bit weird but entertaining. Then I took the train 5 hours to Stockholm.

No comments:

Post a Comment