Tuesday 17 July 2012

Sunday spent in Cambridge / Ely

On Sunday, Ross and I walked around Cambridge and checked out some of the college buildings and some of the other sites around town (First 3 photos).
We were going to canoe on the river but because of the large amount of rain, the river was high and fast and the boats were all washed out.
So instead we headed to the small town of Ely. Ely is famous for its enormous cathedral - it was gorgeous. High peaked roof, detailed stone walls and stained glass windows (Next 2 photos). Ely is also the home of Oliver Cromwell who was once an important military and political leader in the UK. After wondering around Ely, we enjoyed a pub meal and went for a drive in the country.
I came across a funny sign that will only be funny to a few people but I am posted the picture of it anyway (Last photo).
In the evening Ross and I went to the arcade. Played a few games of air hockey which I won best of 3 twice. He then beat me in 10pin bowling and pool but we had a great time.
I spend most of Monday getting my things ready for my journey to Denmark Copenhagen. Which is where I am right now and I will post about next.






2 comments:

  1. Next time you see a button sign you better be in it!! (sometimes I call cass zipper.. In memory of our lost button.) good to see your having a good trip. Remember what those speed bump signs really mean and stay safe and healthy! -leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom thought the pic would have been better if I was in it too!
    Zipper haha that's great! and I will never forget the pee bum signs! :)

    ReplyDelete