Wednesday 18 July 2012

Copenhagen, Denmark Day 2

After catching up on some much needed sleep, I didn't leave the hostel until 11am.
I took a train to a spot close to the sites I was hoping to see. I was a bit lost at first and had to ask for direction.. but once I was set straight, I was on my way.
I stumbled upon the Statens Museum for Kunst first. Turned out to be a very large art museum. 
Based on the battle of the Titans and Olympian Gods (Zeus as leader)



This one made me think of Tyler (step-brother) for no particular reason.
I snapped many more photos but I thought I would just post some. After wondering this museum, I continued to the Rosenborg Castle. It housed 3 generations of kings from the year 1606 to 1710.


I have at least 20 more pictures if anyone is interested in seeing more, let me know.
It had 3 floors and the basement/ treasury which held the crown jewels.

I took the metro/ tube / underground to another area of Copenhagen where I found the Amber museum. Amber is a petrified resin, between 30 and 50 million years old. It was a neat little museum. I was going to buy a pair of amber earrings but they came at an expensive price of $100.
Ship made with amber

Finally I did a canal tour. A fairly large boat with a tour guide, who spoke about many historical sites around the canals. It was about a hour long tour. 

Sand Sculpture Festival 

Vor Frelsers Kirke (Church of Our Saviour)






The boat went around in big circles, under many bridges. Saw and heard about many sites. I should have taken notes because I took pictures and when I look back now, I think "what was this of again?" Haha. Oh well. This tour took me to dinner time. I navigated my way back to the hostel (eventually) where I ate, showered and hung out in the common area. Now time for another good night sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment