Thursday 26 July 2012

Göteborg, Sweden Day 2 & 3

Wednesday July 25/12
Slept in, which was so nice. Amir and I had some breakfast followed by some lunch then took the bus to the beach.
It was packed with people.. I couldn't believe how many there were for the middle of the week. But I guess these sunshine days have been rare so far this summer.


We met up with one of Amir's friends and another random couch surfer.
We layed in the sun, played cards (I learned some new games), and played in the ocean.

It was a beautiful day in the sun. Very relaxing! We played some frisbee and did a bit of walking around the beach.
There is a path by the water edge behind those rocks in the background        --------> and it was very lush. I called it the fruit path because it was full of cherry and apple trees and raspberry bushes.





We didn't leave until close to 7pm. We had another grill (as they call it) for supper. This time Amir and I had chicken and rice. It was very enjoyable with good company!


Thursday July 26/12
Today I enjoyed the famous Liseberg amusement park of Göteborg.
I was only going to spend a few hours.. but ending up staying the whole day there!
I started with an easier roller coaster and worked my way up to Balder - one of the biggest wooden roller coasters in the world!

The first drop is the steepest at 70 degrees and it gets up to 90km/h. It is a 2 minute ride.
I bought a magnet with my picture going down one of the drops.. it's pretty funny but I couldn't take a good picture of the picture to post it.  



Next I went on the SpinRock. We have a similar ride at the Exhibition in Saskatoon.

I had some lunch and decided another roller coaster would be safe after food.
It is called, Lisebergbanan. It was fast and very fun! I took a video that is not very good. I was going to post it anyway but for reason it keeps failing. I will try to put it on facebook instead.




I went on the Hanghai






And then the Uppswinget - which was my absolute favourite.

It goes at 80km/h to a height of 40 meters above ground. And the swing angel reaches 120 degrees. By far the most scary ride I went on.
There was an older lady with her granddaughter beside me and she made the cross over her chest before the ride started and I had to agree with her. It was so much fun - I could have done this ride over and over again. Too bad the lines were 30mins long.


I got back to Amir's around 6pm. He went and played badminton while I played around on the internet. We had dinner with Arash and Afsaneh again. Then the 4 of us played pool after. The women against the men.. best of three and the women won!! We are champs! So much fun!


2 comments:

  1. I bet your eyes are closed in the picture on the coaster. Love you Dad and Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roller coasters look awesome! Hope you had a ride for me!! Linds

    ReplyDelete