Monday 22 October 2012

Vilnius, Lithuania, last days

Wednesday Sept. 13 /12



Tomas's friend, Greta, picked me up and together with the dog, we went out of Vilnius to a town called, Trakai.



The main attraction being the Trakai Peninsula Castle.

Built between 1350 - 1377 the castle was an important defence structure, protecting Trakai and Vilnius.


I explored the castle and the museums within the castle.

Takas was not allowed in so Greta took him for a walk while I explored.

After, we went for lunch at a local restaurant where I ate some traditional food. I can't remember the name of it.. but it's basically a meat stuffed pastry. It was delicious.








Thursday Sept. 14 /12

After 8 days in Lithuania, I was getting a bit bored. I had my last professional bandage change on my back. The doctor said I could now do it on my own. I bought the supplies but I struggled to reach the spot. My backpack was also too heavy to be moving on by myself... so I decided to back track to Estonia.
Harry  (previous host in Tallinn) was willing to help me clean and bandage the small hole in my back.

I spent the day packing up and Tomas took me to the bus station to catch the 10pm night bus back to Estonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment